Patriot Valkyrie 2 Bay Network Attached Storage (PCNASVK35S2) Review

Patriot Valkyrie 2 Bay Network Attached Storage (PCNASVK35S2)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I was looking for a NAS for almost 6 months. Read about many including Linksys, DLink 323 etc. I was looking for one which is less that $200, which can hold upto 4TB, 2 Bay, with Raid 1. Finally I came to know about Patriot Valkrye. Here is my first review
Advantages
1. Solid build
2. Hard drive installation is easy
3. Setup is very easy
4. Speed and performance is same as any other in that category
5. ITunes server, FTP etc.
Disadvantages
1. Never follow quick installation guide, use the full installation guide come in the CD or website. Follow line by line.
2. Slow performance (this is same as any other NAS in the category)
3. To add the hard drive, no instruction available. You need to remove the black spacer and use that 4 screws to connect.
4. No Raid 5.
I read cnet reviews talking about performance, but I understand $150 cannot fetch that, they really are driving a porche and comparing that with Honda Civic. I also read about web interface crashes etc, but I am not seeing any of those. I have Windows 7 32 bit with IE8.
I sure think Patriot will release an updated version with more Raid options etc. I am waiting for that. This NAS will become a baseline in the low cost category.
Update after using this for a while
* Web interface never crashed
* H/W is solid and running cool if you place it in open place.
* Media server is slow (again what you expect from $150 NAS)
* When you boot your computer up, you may need to map the drive again. But you can keep the mapping persistent.
* No new update from Patriot yet.
I will recommend this product you any one who is low budget and looking for NAS.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Patriot Valkyrie 2 Bay Network Attached Storage (PCNASVK35S2)

The Patriot Valkyrie Dual Bay NAS (Network Attached Storage) device is ideal for homes or offices with multiple computers when used as a central storage server, digital media hub, or FTP server for remote users. The Patriot Valkyrie Dual Bay NAS device is equipped with two 3.5" drive bays (HDD not included), a 500MHz embedded processor, 128MB of RAM, fast Gigabit network capabilities, RAID 0, 1 and JBOD support to keep your data safe and secure.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Patriot Valkyrie 2 Bay Network Attached Storage (PCNASVK35S2)

0 comments:

Post a Comment